Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Planet Fitness is a joke...



So I was scanning thru a few of the gym websites I frequent on the daily, and was really flabbergasted about a story I came across.  Planet Fitness the gym establishment recently removed their squat racks because a customer claimed that it was intimidating.  This has to be the biggest load of caca that I've ever heard, ummmm Planet Fitness you really removed the squat rack?  I have to admit I've never stepped foot in a Planet Fitness, do they even have trainers there?  If so, why don't the trainers show and explain to the customer the importance of doing squats.  Squats are one the most important exercises that you can do.

I really don't get the "fitness" portion of Planet Fitness, what gym establishment has pizza night, ice cream socials, or Krispy Kreme night for their patrons.  I don't really get this method, is it so you can fattening them up to keep coming back.  This really seems illogical to me, do they not realize that once a person gets fit, they will continue to come back to maintain their current level of fitness.  This establishment also has so many stupid rules it's ridiculous, better yet its borderline stereotypical/racist.


Anytime you drop a weight, grunt, or really get loud to push that last set out, a silly alarm goes off called the "lunk alarm."  Is this a gym or a country club???  I would love to see a real serious crossfitter go workout there, they're constantly dropping weights.  There's other gyms out there for you to go train at instead of going to this country club of an atmosphere, which is nothing more than a corporate joke.  I don't have any affiliation with any gym, I suggest doing research on what works best for you and your fitness goals/needs.  If you think pizza, ice cream socials, and Krispy Kreme donuts are what's best for you to lose that muffin top, then Planet Fitness is for you.  If you're serious about training, and reaching your fitness goals, don't even waste your time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment