Saturday, January 11, 2014

My Fitness Journey

In May 2013, I made the decision to change my life through proper diet and exercise.  Along the way I found my niche in wanting to help others obtain their fitness goals.  Through countless research, and trying different workout routines I finally found out the difference between exercise and training.  Exercise is something you do to maintain a certain level of fitness and not going above that.  Training is pushing your body to limits you didn't think you can handle.  The most important thing about training is setting goals, shattering those goals, and setting new ones to achieve.

There's no easy way at setting out to achieve your fitness goals, you have to have that mindset to go out and TRAIN hard everyday.  There will be times that you don't want to go lift, you'll want to indulge and some overly fatty foods, and be lazy; but those are the times you have to grab your pre-workout, and go lift some heavy iron.  I choose to workout 6 days a week, 5 of those days working a different body part, and on Saturday when most people would choose to be their lazy day, I'm in the gym no later than 8 a.m., getting it in with my hardest workout of the week.  I've created a different Saturday workout regimen that, I've infused others to try.  It's called Stupid Ish Saturdays, that's when we go in and knockout one of the hardest workouts you'll ever try.  No two workouts are ever the same, and you'll be completely exhausted afterwards, but you will fill a sense of accomplishment.

Here's an example of the workout we finished today:

Stupid Ish Saturday Workout (Power Moves)

3 min jump rope

50 reps weighted pull-ups (25lbs)
50 reps squat press
50 reps deadlifts (225 lbs)
50 reps weighted dips (45lbs)
50 reps squats (225 lbs)
100 reps walking lunges (100 lbs) **50 each leg**
50 reps flat bench (185 lbs)
50 reps burpees
100 reps 1 arm DB snatch 40 lbs **50 each arm**
50 reps pushups
50 reps leg curls

Since my fitness journey began I've lost 40 lbs, have started the process of getting a degree in Exercise Science, and I've already began training a few clients to help them reach their fitness goals, and build my resume in the process.  Once I receive my certification in March, I plan to start teaching FREE Saturday morning bootcamps all around San Antonio, to help others.  San Antonio was rated as the 4th fattest city in America a few years back, and I want to help others get off the vicious cycle of dieting, teaching them proper nutrition, the benefits of clean eating, and the purpose of training and not exercising.  My overall goal is to compete in my first body building competition in Nov/Dec, open a gym within the next 2 years, so stay tuned for the website, gym, and one on one personal training (whether live  or over the world wide web).


No comments:

Post a Comment