Sunday, January 12, 2014

Heart & Soul….

A lot of times people waste energy by putting their heart & soul into things that don't have any substance.  How many people do you see bury themselves in things that aren't a healthy lifestyle?  That could come in the case of food, liquor, drugs, men/women, even work.   Everyone needs to have an outlet to release, but you should choose things that could help you grow as a person.

It took some time for me to find that perfect balance of things that's important to me: 1. God 2. Family 3. Gym 4. Friends 5. Work….4, 5 will rotate occasionally but the three that's constant is God, Family, and Gym those are the three who will never let me down.  I love all three, and I find enjoyment with all three, GYM is the floor, Family is the walls, and GOD is the roof that keeps us safe.

I chose to pour my heart & soul into the gym almost a year ago, and that's something I have zero regrets about.  Most of 2013 I was dealing with multiple health issues, 3 back procedures, knee/calf problems,  sleep apnea, and I was the heaviest I've been.  I was tipping the scale at 242 lbs, I started noticing that most of my jeans were getting tighter and tighter, and my friends started joking that I was gaining weight.  At the time, my wife was pregnant with our youngest son, so I was just blaming it on her pregnancy.

Actually, the pregnancy wasn't the problem, it was my love for food that was the problem.  That's when  I had my aha moment….about two months before my wife was due to deliver, I decided I would change my unhealthy lifestyle.  Going out to eat during lunch everyday with my coworkers was a thing of the past, I decided to start working out in the gym during my lunch break.  My workouts went from me trying to drop a few pounds, to intense training sessions.

A new me was created, a new found passion was formed, and countless research and studying ensued. I found I wanted to know everything I could about working out, clean eating, and becoming a personal trainer.  I don't know everything about everything, but I know enough to help you change your lifestyle.  Even though I won't be certified until March, I already have 5 clients that I work with; not bad for the old ripped guy in the gym.  It's not the starting part that's hard, it's the not quitting that's the hardest task you'll face….Make it your mission statement, NEVER SETTLE, FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION, AND WHEN LIFE GIVE YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE!!!!!

Put your heart & soul and everything you do, and you'll be amazed at the end result.  SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE, FAD DIETS DON'T WORK!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment